Saturday, February 21, 2009

Back in Action

Hello hello! Well lets see its been a long time! So the spring semester of college began! A little bit closer to summer : ) I have a pretty busy schedule this semester with a bunch of hard classes. I am taking chemistry( 2nd year), calculus, an English class, and chemistry lab. So a bunch of chemistry this semester and for a while thats all I can think about. So riding has been indefinitely limited to once per week, which is usually on a Friday night. But it works out and Sam seems to like it a lot. It's kinda funny of how I am not really upset about not going to the barn continuously. It is not that I don't like horses or riding anymore but its just nice to not stress about like something I need to cross off on a To-Do list.

However, somehow in my crazy busy schedule I managed to take a class with my new trainer this weekend! It was fanatastic! We are now starting to rework my body when it comes to jumping. Its a long road ahead, but when everything comes together it feels awesome! Sam was especially good too, he seems to really respect the trainer and likes to work with her. So of course the list of things to work on:
  1. When jumping don't lean forward and look straight and up.
  2. Keep heals down and toe out, no knee pinching.
  3. When asking to go forward use your whole leg.
  4. Develop stomach muscles.
  5. Every ride to 15 minutes of jump position in trot.
Seems easy enough, right? Uh, I don't think so... So I have a lot to work and develop but we both have plenty of time to figure it out.

Another note, I guess we will be calling the chiroprator out for Sam. My trainers mom is a horse vet that does chiropratic work and she is highly recommended. So she will hopefully be coming out soon and work on Sam's back. He will be all brand new and feeling good : ) Can't wait for spring break to roll around so I can have more time with Sam and work for more things! But meanwhile I hope to be coming back to my trainers barn soon for another really great lesson! I hope I can post a video of our lesson that is if I ever figure out how to do that!

Oh and I all most forgot, I am planning to go and volunteer at the Morven Park Horse Trials, which will be great fun! They mostly run higher levels of eventing which is always awesome to watch. So a friend of mine and I are going to be cross country volunteers. To set and run such a big event really depends on the volunteers. And since competing in so many it's a good idea to give something back to the sport! So hopefully spring weather is right around the corner and we can start riding outside! Happy trails and will write soon!

No comments: