Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Mix of Thing, Horses and Books

Well lets start off that I haven't written in quite sometime! The pony is doing well, of course I had to change some things, such as farrier, saddle, etc. But all is for the greater good : ) Summer is a such a lovely season! Everything is green and luscious! Trail riding through the forest is magical, I feel as if that I enter another world. Such as from a novel or book. The breeze that shifts through the trees and makes them come to life. The wildlife replaces people and crowds. And the best part all this witnessed from the back of your most truest friend. Only truly lucky and blessed people are able to experience such pleasure. Horses transport our minds away from the continuity of daily life and lead us into a a truly magical world.


The next topic is saddles..... Everyone cringing at that phrase, or at least I do. I detest saddle shopping because financially it is always a pain. But this time my trainer recommended I buy a All Purpose Wintec saddle. I tried hers and my jumping position definitely has improved. So hopefully, fingers crossed, I can sell my current saddle and get some money to buy a new one! Again fingers crossed!

Since it is summer, infinite opportunities, I have been reading an abundant amount of books. It is really heartbreaking and sad that today's generation do not appreciate books like previous ones. They are obsessed with their virtual realities and televisions. And they do not realize what they are missing. The way I describe what reading feels like, is that it resembles a movie playing in your mind. The characters you dress up and they play their parts out in your mind. This encourages imagination and creative thinking. Ah, every time I walk into the library I get chills by seeing all those books, and all free! The classics are nicely mixed with the modern/popular novels, like all are equals. Ahh reading is another magical experience..... Well all for now.. Another note, Harry Potter WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: