Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The New Place

Hello again! So talking about moving on... well Sam and I have moved to our new farm! It's a really private place and it's not advertised anywhere. The barn itself is not anything special, it has an outdoor wash stall, tack/feed room, etc. It reminds me a lot of my old event farm, which I loved with all my heart. The amazing thing about this place is the people, trainer, and surroundings. Firstly there are literally miles of trails in the "backyard". This farm is the trainer's parents farm and so far I love it! I guess what I really like about this place is the people that own/care for the horses allow the horses to be horses. They don't "baby" them and make sure that they treat people with respect. They mesh with my personal opinions about training horses.

AND the best part is that I have weekly lessons! Yuppy! I have to say I am sore every week so far! And this is great, my body is changing! Since my previous barn didn't have any trails or places to ride outside, I was really constricted. But so far I have gone at least on four trail rides this past two weeks! Its so wonderful and I have completely forgotten how peaceful it is! The blue skies above you and the endless possibilities feel like complete freedom! Love it, seems to good to be true! Especially for the budget!

On a different note, I have to make a comment about my finiancial independence with my horse expenses. Now don't mistake me, my parents are still helping me a little! However compared to last year I really have contributed to the horse expenses! I feel really good about it, because it shows I can some what afford a horse sort of by myself. Although if my parents want to chip in they are most welcome! Hehe! Well almost done with school and will post again soon the progress of the furry animal and me! Bye!

No comments: