Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Little Things in Life

Hello! Its definitely been a while, but of course when I got off of school I had to go and get sick : ( But I am slowly recovering and decided to spend some time writing! For a couple of days this week I did AM chores at the barn. During the school year I am so stressed that all I can think about when doing horsey chores is: When am I going to be done? But during break I have all the time in the world and I take a step back and enjoy the morning I get to spend with all my horses. I love feeding in the morning and preparing grain! The horses are so happy to see you, like they thought you were never coming. I take it slow and everybody gets special attention : ) And then comes my favorite part, mucking! Because our barn is very small I am the only person out in the mornings, so I have the place all to myself, yay! Mucking is so therapeutic, the shoveling back and forth and the silence of the barn is everything you need to calm your mind. I love it and can't get enough of it either!

So with this time off for me I decided to have a little boot camp this week. We are planning to go and have a lesson on Friday with a near by trainer. Considering Sam and I haven't done a lesson in months, it will certainly be entertaining to watch both of us working our butts! But hopefully all will go well. Then on Sunday we have a fix a test dressage clinic which I think will be very helpful for us. And finally I am going to have a dressage lesson with a trainer I rode with previously but due to time I haven't been able to ride with her very often. So I am expecting a lot of information and more than enough to work on after this week. But all in all it will help Sam and I improve our riding. So that is my plan and will let you know how everything goes. Oh I will post pictures soon from the winter days and hopefully videos from the clinics and lessons : ) Have a wonderful Christmas and will write soon!

No comments: